The Studio may from time to time update and modify our Policies which are set out in full through our Policies webpage, as well as our websites and booking platforms. It is the responsibility of all students to refer to these policies before using our websites and booking platforms.
By continuing to use our websites and booking platforms, or visiting/using the Studio’s premises, you are deemed to have agreed to any terms and conditions set out in the Waiver and Release of Liability and other documents located through our Policies webpage.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, we may collect the personal data (as defined in the PDPA) that you have provided to us about yourself or through your use of the Studio Starfire’s products or services, including:
- Your personal information, such as name, NRIC/FIN number, nationality, gender and date of birth;
- Your contact information, such as address, telephone number and email address;
- Your payment information, such as credit card details, debit card details and/or bank account information;
- Your health condition, such as the existence and/or nature of a medical condition disclosed to us in the course of your pole fitness journey with us; and
- Personal data which may be collected through automated technological means, such as through our website and social media platforms.
We generally rely on personal data provided by you. In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing us in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In order for us to provide you with an enjoyable and fulfilling pole fitness experience with Studio Starfire, we use your personal data that we collect for the following purposes:
- creating your profile with Studio Starfire;
- verifying your identity;
- providing you with Studio Starfire products and services, including enrolling you in our pole fitness classes;
- managing our relationship with you, including responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
- processing payment or credit transactions for billing purposes;
- keeping you up to date on our products and services, marketing events, rewards schemes and other promotions which we feel might be of interest to you;
- developing a better understanding of your needs; and
- assisting in law enforcement and regulatory investigations and complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules.
We may also use your personal data for any other purposes for which you have provided the information and other related or incidental business purposes, as well as for purposes permitted under the PDPA.
HOW WE MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We understand the importance of keeping your personal data confidential, and may only disclose your personal data in the following circumstances:
- where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods or services requested by you;
- to third party service providers, agents and/or other organisations we have engaged to perform certain services in accordance with the purposes;
- to any person that you have identified as being your authorised representative;
- to any person or entity that has a legitimate right to such information, provided that such person or entity is under a duty confidentiality and has undertaken to keep your personal data confidential;
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- as reasonably required in a medical emergency; or
- as reasonably necessary to protect our rights.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If you wish to view or obtain a copy of the personal data which we hold about you, please make an access request in writing or via email at the contact details provided below. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for such access request in accordance with the PDPA. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
We endeavour to respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
HOW LONG WE MAY RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps and to make reasonable security arrangements to protect your personal data in our possession or under our control in order to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal of your personal data. We shall not be responsible for events arising which are not within our control.
HOW YOU MAY WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT
You may submit a request to withdraw your consent at any time and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by sending a written notice to us at the contact details provided below Please note that if you do not consent to such collection, use or disclosure of your personal data, we may not be able to provide you with the full suite of products or services available at Studio Starfire.
- By email at email@example.com; or
- By writing to us at 144 Robinson Road #07-02 Singapore 068908.
Effective date: 15 February 2021
Last updated: 01 June 2021
Boutique pole dance studio at Tanjong Pagar, in the heart of Singapore's CBD area
Join us to learn Pole Tricks and Exotic Dance; get strong & flexible